You are a few hours or minutes away from the big departure and you are managing the last preparations for this new adventure that awaits you? No need to panic! Paulette has your back!
Before leaving, you will need to conduct a series of checks. Here they are:
- Check the condition of your bike's tires:
- Check the condition of the brakes, very important!
- Check the stem bolts, which are the handlebar clamp: they must be tightened to the torque recommended by the manufacturer. If they are not well tightened, your handlebars may turn but not your wheel ...
- Adjust your saddle:
- Check the front and rear lights of your bike. It is mandatory for a cyclist to have a yellow or white headlight at the front and a red one at the back. A little tip: leave your rear light on during the day; red attracts the eye, so you will be clearly visible!
- Check the condition of the wheels beware of wheel spin.
- Check the condition of the chain: it should be cleaned and oiled with a chain lubricant.
- Check that the gears are shifting properly.
Once you have left, remember to check the condition of your bike regularly, paying special attention to the condition of the tires and brakes!
Stay tuned for new adventures with Paulette!